SMT N°1 Master Roaster’s Selection Coffee Bean 250gSKU: 2014
Labels: Specialty coffee
Brand: La Semeuse
Composition: 100% Arabica
Aroma: Woody, grilled
Taste note: Malt & praline
Degree of roast: 2/5
Coffee size: Espresso
High altitude roasting: In Switzerland at 1000m altitude - No bitterness, No acidity
Origin: Blend of rare and precious Arabicas from Indonesia, cultivated at 1300m high, certified Fair Trade Organic; India, prepared by "Monsooning", the exposure to monsoon winds; and Nepal, from local producers.
- Master Roaster’s Selection N°1 Coffee Bean Origin and Taste
- Food Pairing
- Shelf Life After Opening
- Storage Advice
- “La Semeuse” Brand History
1. Master Roaster’s Selection N°1 Coffee Bean Origin and Taste:
Origin: Blend composed of rare and precious Arabicas of Grands Terroirs such as Mandheling (Indonesia), cultivated by the Buana Mandiri Cooperative at 1300 meters altitude and certified Fair Trade Organic; Malabar (India), prepared following a traditional method called “monsooning” for its exposure to monsoon winds; and Patan (Nepal), cultivated in the Nepalese Highlands by small local producers. A pure marvel.
Master Roaster’s Selection: The “Master Roaster’s Selection” line offers coffees of grands terroirs, grown on small plots of land and selected for their aromatic profiles. They are available for all of the main extraction methods (espresso, filter, mocha…). Each coffee is the product of meticulous care every step of the way, from production right through to extraction. The green coffee comes from a region traceable through its unique identity.
Specialty Coffee: The terms "gourmet coffee", "premium coffee" or "rare-brand coffee" define so well this type of coffee. According to the Specialty coffee Association, specialty coffees are defined as superior-quality coffees with extraordinary flavour characteristics. They are planted and harvested under perfect conditions, and are only available in limited quantities. Prized and respected throughout the value chain, these coffees brew to create exceptional sensory and flavour properties which ensure they stand apart. Specialty coffee is part of a process aimed at achieving the following:
- Seeking out batches of exceptionally high quality (more than 84/100 SCA points)
- Selecting varieties based on the specific qualities of the land, guaranteeing 100% traceability
- A roasting profile unique to each selected estate
- Improving the coffee preparation methods used by both baristas and coffee lovers.
High altitude roasting in the Swiss mountains: Roasting at an altitude of 1000 meters allows the bean to flourish at a temperature which does not affect its essential aroma or flavors. The atmospheric pressure being lower at high altitude than at sea level, boiling occurs at a lower temperature. This physical property acts favorably on the quality of the coffees of La Semeuse, which are distinguished by their subtle power, their lack of bitterness and acidity.
2. Food Pairing:
The perfect Swiss cookies for your Master Roaster’s Selection N°1 premium gourmet coffee are available on Switzerluxe!
A. Puff pastry butterfly cookie with Madagascar vanilla: (buy here)
B. Puff pastry organic butterfly cookie: (buy here)
Coffee-Food pairing ideas:
The Master Roaster’s Selection N°1 premium coffee beans taste great when paired with a myriad of dishes. Lets exlpore a few pairings you can try:
- Dark chocolate brownie
- Chocolate cakes
- Chocolate mousse cake
- Vanilla-bean-iced chocolate cupcakes
- Chocolate-Dipped Fruit
- Chocolate tart covered with cherries
- Dark Chocolate
- Milk Chocolate
- White Chocolate
Baked goods pairings:
- Coffee Breads: sweet and sticky pecan rolls, gooey sticky buns, apple cinnamon biscuits, chocolate chip honey pumpkin bread, German stollen, orange sage bread, butter pecan bread, monkey bread, cranberry orange bread
- Caramel Flan
- Banana nut bread
- Sweet Breads like Zucchini bread with nuts
- Pumpkin bread with nuts
- Fruit tarts
- Berry crepes
Breakfast Food Pairings:
- Savory Crepes: Often stuffed with vegetables, herbs, cheese and meats.
- Chocolate crepes
- Pancakes with Maple Syrup
- Savory brunch and full flavored foods like omelets
- Omelets with Mushrooms, Basil and goat cheese
3. Shelf life after opening the package:
Ground Coffee: After opening can be kept 2 to 4 weeks (read coffee storage section below). After that period its organoleptic properties begin degrading.
Coffee Bean: After opening can be kept 3 to 4 months (read coffee storage section below). After that period its organoleptic properties begin degrading.
4. Storage Advice:
Unlike conventional food, coffee does not have an expiration date, it is more about the deadline for an optimal use (best before date) after which the taste quality begins decreasing. For full enjoyment of La Semeuse coffee's distinctive taste qualities – body, aroma, flavour – we recommend a Best Before date. Past the Best Before date, coffee taste qualities gradually lose strength.
- In an airtight box or a perfectly closed hermetic bag
- Protected from light and moisture and at room temperature (avoid extreme hot / cold temperatures)
- For longer storage, the freezer may be an option
5. About “La Semeuse” THE BRAND: (learn more)
History: La Semeuse was founded in 1900 by Marc Bloch in the city of La Chaux-de-Fonds in Switzerland. In May 2015, La Semeuse changes hands. Marc Bloch, the founder’s grandson retires from the company’s management and hands it over to the Bihler Family from Neuchâtel (in Switzerland), owner of Choco Diffusion group and several brands such as Goldkenn. La Semeuse coffees are distinguished by their subtle power and lack of bitterness and acidity. According to many coffee lovers "La Semeuse" is the best coffee brand in Switzerland.
6. Product Specification:
|Name||Master Roaster’s Selection N°1|
|Swiss Brand||La Semeuse|
|Aromatic Profile||Woody, Grilled|
|Taste note:||Malt and praline|
|Degree of Roast||2/5|
|Particularity||Roasted at 1000m altitude|
|Country of origin||Switzerland|
|Produced by||La Semeuse
Allée des Paysans-Horlogers 1
2300 La Chaux-de-Fonds